Thursday, June 22, 2017

A Navy and Cream Skirt

Next in line from my Mom's stash of dresses was this cotton/poly navy and cream dress.  I liked the print and the button detail on the front skirt portion.  I decided to give it more versatility, though, by cutting it in half and making a skirt first, with a top to follow.


It was a pretty straight forward refashion.  After cutting it at the waist and removing the elastic, I made a new waistband from the lower portion of the bodice.


I just gathered the skirt and attached it to the new waistband.


I also shortened the length by about 6 inches.


I didn't have a matching button, so I opted for a fun vintage button from my stash.  I actually like that the waistband button stands out from the rest.


I paired it with a dark denim jacket for a casual look.  Oh, and the best part....the skirt has pockets!!!


Watch for more refashions of my Mom's vintage dresses on my blog, Second Chances by Susan!  Thanks!

 photo signature.png

No comments: